Saturday 26 September 2009

Day Forty-Two

Wednesday - I began work in the Beit Hacar. It was really great – set with the doggies and goats until 5pm, then me, New Jersey, Aussie girl and Turkmenistan went to Petach Tikva with one of my mates from the farm, to meet the two Londoners for dinner. Then I had a well-earned early night.

Friday – not much, another day in the zoo/farm (in Hebrew, ‘zoo’ is, גן חיית literally the ‘garden of animals’. Farm is בית היכאר – ‘house of...something.’Farm?!). Before going to shul after lighting the Shabbat candles, Aussie girl, New Jersey and I, being the only mitnadvim left on the kibbutz, went completely crazy, breaking out in manic spontaneous dancing and laughter. It was fun and hilarious, but also a little terrifying.

Shabbat – got up late, like 9.30am or so, then the three of us had lunch together which was really nice. After a 3 hour nap, we met again to do some sunbathing on top of the miklat.

Monday – Hungarian returned to kibbutz from his few days excursion to Hungary, and so he and I had a lovely picnic together in the maodon, and then we spoke for like 3 hours. He gave me the lowdown on what the boys were all saying behind closed doors, and it was slightly surprising. Some of it was like a big, slightly sick joke, other bits were hilarious. Then me, him and New Jersey went for a walk around the kibbutz, then sat by the miklat and talked for some more, before I retired -  knackered off my face – to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment